Tuesday 18 October 2016

production name idea:

'Blah Blah Productions'

I have decided that I would like to have a company name that would link to indie coming of age films. As one common characteristic of teenagers and adolescents is that they talk a lot, in which adults would think has no context or relevance. Therefore I thought of the name blah blah productions, this would make the audience feel like it would link to them due to the characteristic. On the software 'Sketch' I have created different logos in which I think would be appropriate for my company logo. I wanted to give a slight comedy element to my logo as they will be for independent company and most coming of age films have a slight comedy element to them. I have thought of this company being a low budget company, which do not have large amounts of money to create expensive and high tech logos, for example universal and paramount, therefore there needs to be a rookie style to the logo.
I have created a variety, in which I think would also be a good idea to get feedback from, therefore I will create a survey on paper for people to pick which is the best logo, and if there are any changes needed the audience can tell me.



I have now conducted audience research and used my created images to create a tally. This will make me see which production logo the audience think is more appropriate and appealing. I put all of them into a piece of paper and asked people if they could tick/tally the logo they thought they liked the best. The reason I thought that I should do it on paper instead of online is because they can ask me questions, for example why I wanted to call my production company 'blah blah productions'? and what the genres of films I would help produce, as this would help argue which is the best logo, so that they link to the film and the style of production company.


From this it turns out that the middle black and white logo is seen as the most appropriate people thought and asking them why, they responded that is it the most appropriate because it looks professional, sophisticated and clear.

1 comment: