Tuesday 4 October 2016

Survey Monkey results

The first question is 'what is your age and gender?' This question helps me to understand who has answered my questionnaire and find out who is my intended audience and what they would like me to include in my project. From my results I found that there is a wide participation in my questionnaire of different ages and genders. I had people up to the age of 40 partaking in my survey, this helps me to understand my project further in the view of the audience.

The second question I asked my audience is what sub genres do you prefer. This helps me to understand the underlining themes and ideas I should include in my synopsis and film trailer. Most of the audience suggested comedy, this is very normal in a coming of age/indie films as they have a lot of humour in to lighten the mood of the exaggerated issues that are involved in the film. 

The third question that I asked is 'what type of cost do you prefer in an Indie film?' This question helps me to understand from the audience the amount of people they would like to be involved in the main cast of the trailer and film. It was a close call which the results but the audience said they prefer a smaller cast. This is better for me as I can develop the characters so that there is a closer connection between the characters and the audience if they are developed more. 

The next question that I asked was the topic that needs to be addressed in the film. I wanted to know by my intended audience what they wanted to see as a struggle in a coming of age film. From this we found out that either sexuality or individuality was the highest answers. This can be for two reasons. One is that these are the most popular coming of age films at the moment and what there content is. or that this is the most suitable topic as these issues are frequently occurring in today's society. I like the idea of including individuality, as sexuality is slightly Cliche of a coming of age film in today's society as gay rights is becoming more accepted.

The next question that I asked is the film poster. This is because I need to know which looks more appealing so I can analyse the features that they potentially found appealing, so that I could incorporate them into my own work. My audience liked the idea of either Juno or Perks of being a Wallflower, this may have been due to the audience knowing these films the most or that they found them the most interesting. I think that it could be either about the casting choice or the topic that they are clearly showing through the poster. This helps me to think that I need to make it obvious what topic I am going to be showing on my film poster. 

My next question is the most interesting part of a trailer, this is so I can make this my priority for creating my trailer. Most of my audience said the storyline, which really benefits me as this is something that needs to be the most detailed so that I am able to engage the audience as much as I can. They also said the music, which I feel is a suitable answer as the audience need to get an overall feeling for the trailer and music can help to influence this a great deal, therefore I will start to research good appropriate songs I can include for my soundtrack. 

I also asked what indie film do they think is the most classic so that I can see what they define as a good Indie film and then I can analyse the different reasons as to why. Most of my audience suggested Juno and Donnie Darko, this is because they are the most known films as well as being very unique in their time of release. I think I will mainly stick towards Juno as this is more lighthearted, and easier to engage the audience, whereas Donnie Darko is a more dark film which will be harder as this requires more money for special effects and to engage such a mass audience. 

I also wanted to work out if my audience felt that there could potentially be a secondary audience for an Indie film. Most people did not think of older people would be targeted for an Indie film, or a coming of age film as this is especially targeted for teens. However some of the audience did say it depends on the film, this is because some of the most classic Indie films have been around for years, in which both adult and teens both find entertaining, therefore an older audience could potentially be seen as a targeted audience. 

Finally, my last question was to find out how my audience take in information about upcoming films. This is so I would know the best way to advertise the trailer for my audience to see. Most of my audience suggested that I should use social media as this is one of the biggest influence in finding information. This helps me to think that I could include social media symbols on my film poster, to be able to show that you can find more information about the film on social media. Including more mediums and more publicity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment