Wednesday 18 January 2017

Print product practise

I have started practising using Adobe Fireworks to create a piece for my print product. With this, I feel practise is better as I will be constantly developing new skills with my work, making my print products better and better.

This is the piece I ended up creating. I feel there are various different places to improve but this was to get a starting idea on what my product could potentially look like. I like this because the image has a direct mode of address, as well as including the main pieces of information. However when looking this piece, I feel that i need to have a slogan or even having this in a vertical orientation. 

 
I started off by placing my image in the centre of the page. I used the magic wand tool, located on the tool bar on the left hand side, creating a clear background to be able to include a different image on the background, which would change the setting of the image. For this I included a white background, as I was inspired by the poster for the film 'laggies'

I then went onto including the title of the film, which I had already created earlier on a different media platform. I was originally going to have this piece at the top of my print product, however, due to the colours standing out, I felt that it would still be visible overlapping the image. To make it stand out more I included some shadows on the back of the image, so that the font looked as if it was 3D in comparison to the image. In the image you can see the different filters I have included in my product. 

I then went onto including different other titles, which were the actor's names. This is so that the audience can see who stars in the film. I felt that putting the names above the characters, would make it clearer which name was for each actor. However I knew that I would need to change the font, colour and size of each text box. Therefore with the tool bar on the bottom of the page, I changed the colour to a purple colour, similar to the title colour, the size to 150 and the font to something as similar as I could to the title, so that there is a house style throughout the print product. 


What could of been better?


I could of included more text boxes with different pieces of text, as well as using a different background, as this looks too plain for a final print product. I also would of liked the print product to be vertical and A4 so that it could fit into a poster sized enlargement. I think that this product would be appropriate for my audience and genre however, because most coming of age films have a small budget, meaning that they do not have money to create impressive print product work, therefore with some more detail onto my work, this will look appropriate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment