Tuesday 15 November 2016

Considerations for locations/risks

The weather:

At some of the locations, there might be particular weather forecasts that we need to avoid, as we do not want to get rained on, for example. This is one of the issues which we need to think about, therefore if this is the case, we need to have backup places we can record that will need filming, if the weather forecast is not how we want it.

Are there any risks?
The risks of this is that floors may be slippery in which we could fall over, also that if it is raining we will need to make sure that the equipment does not get damaged, in which we should make sure that we keep covered with umbrellas and get into a dry area. 

The peak times of a location:

When looking at my locations, if they are in a public area, I will need to consider the time of day in which there will be a lot of people. Depending on what I want the mise-en-scene to look like will depend on when I go to video the scene. For example with places such as the park I will not want that many people in my shot, therefore I will go during the day when most people will be either at work or in education. However in places such as the pub I would like the scene to look packed with lots of 'extras' to change the atmosphere of the shot.

Are there any risks?
The risks of peak times in public places is that there are some people who could potentially steal bags or equipment, in which we will need to make sure that we travel together at all times. We should also not flaunt that we have expensive equipment with us that people could steal. Another thing is to make sure when travelling that we know the right routes that we are taking which are the safest, as well as being sure the right busses/trains go to the right location.

The time of the day:

The time of day will vary depending on what lighting I will want to use in my videoing. This will then depend on what time I will be going to the location, so that I can either get bright lighting in the day or dark lighting nearer to the evening.

Are there any risks?
The risks of being around in the nighttime is not being able to see what we are videoing, which we will need to take high powered torches with us so that the camera can see us. We also need to make sure that again, we are travelling together so that no one gets left behind. If anyone is late to a location, that we phone to make sure we know where they are in case they could be potentially in danger.

Photos of my locations I am using/videoing in: 






No comments:

Post a Comment