Thursday 10 November 2016

Movie title?

I have started to look through different ideas in which I could use as my title for my film. We went through all of the themes and issues that occur within the film so that the title can link to the film. We came up with ideas such as 'clash' 'binary opposites' and 'reverse' so that it links to how the main characters are different to each other, but in the end we decided we should make it about one of the characters. We thought that we could have the title changing depending on the editing of the film, but this would become too complex for such a simple film therefore we came up with the idea of:

Happening Upon Luna....

This helps to base the film around one of the main characters, which is Luna. This means that the audience will understand one of the main characters straight away. From this I needed to start brain storming about the style and typography that I will include in my title. From looking at past indie/coming of age titles, they have a unique style, as well as being either handwritten or quite plain. However, due to it being a lightly long title I wanted it to change throughout the title, to show that there is a twist throughout of the film. However I did think that I should experiment looking at titles with the same typography throughout. I came up with different typography such as:



The different styles of the name Luna, to represent her character.






Then experimenting with the whole title: 






I then asked some of my intended audience which would be the best typography for my title, this is not taking into consideration the colour and the structure of the title on the poster or inter title. This is the response I got:

No comments:

Post a Comment