Monday 28 November 2016

Print poster ideas

From using 'BeFunky' I created a collage of different print posters of 'coming of age films' in which will help me to see the similar conventions, so that I can use these ideas to decide what I want my print poster to look like.



The common features of the posters are:

  • The use of the characters being the main visual on the front. Includes the main characters, not all of the cast
  • To have a plain background that is of one colour, either white or a slightly brighter colour.
  • To include the names of the actors, to show that the coming of age genre can incorporate actors who are widely known. 
  • To have a catchy slogan that links to the film, that is placed away from all the other texts. For example the top of Ferris Bueller's day off has 'LEISURE RULES' at the top of the poster
  • Most of the actors have a direct mode of address. 
  • The title has to stand out in comparison to the rest of the text.
I will consider these conventions when planning my print poster as these are common conventions that potentially help to class these films as coming of age.

I have used these ideas and came up with styles in which my posters could be set out:





No comments:

Post a Comment